Would you like to find new ways to volunteer at St. Joseph’s School? What volunteer opportunities interest you? Please check your choice of services. We would be happy to have you among our valued volunteers!
You can volunteer to:
- Assist with our yearly Book Fair in November.
- Health Screening: Screen height, weight, vision and hearing for one day at the beginning of the school year.
- Room Parent: For the party animal…plan classroom parties and activities as requested by the teacher.
- Library Aide: Assist librarian as needed.
- Field Trip Driver: Provide transportation during scheduled classroom trips.
- Office Assistant: Help in the office on an as needed basis.
- Hot Dog Server: Help prepare and serve hotdogs and get to know the kids in line at lunch one Wednesday per month (10:30/11:15 to 12:30 p.m.)
- Ice Cream Server: Serve ice cream treats at lunch on Wednesday (11:15 to 12:00 p.m.)
- Pizza Lunch: Work one, two or more Fridays a month serving pizza lunch to the students
- Photo Day: Assist the office and photographer in assembling students for school photos.
- Art Smart: Be an Art Smart Teacher for this fun program teaching Art Appreciation.
- Accelerated Reader Assistant: Spend time in the Resource Room/classroom helping students take Accelerated Reader tests.
- Copying for Teachers: Pick a specific day or time convenient for you to copy class work.
- Telephone Calling: Call from the convenience of your own home for special events.
- Box Tops/Soup Labels: Help to “clip & count”- School earns great supplies through your efforts!
- Empty Bowls: Serve the community through this special gift to those in need.
- Rosaries: Make rosaries with the children during the month of May.
- Crosswalk Guard: Supervise children at crosswalk from 8:00–8:20 a.m.
- Playground Supervisor: Assist teacher with monitoring lunch recess 12:10–12:35p.m. (Please do not bring small children that require attention on the playground.)
- Gardening: Share your green thumb to help keep our school grounds looking great! Work parties organizing in even numbered months (April, June, August, October)
- Building Maintenance: Help to keep our facilities sparkling! Kitchen cleaning crews, summer painting, etc. Work parties organizing in odd numbered months (March, May, July, September)
- Passport Club: Once a month help test 3rd-5th graders on Geography.
- Chess Club: Will be after school one hour a week.
- Any & All of the Above: Just call us when you need us and we will fit you into our schedule!
You will also find some fun and rewarding volunteer tasks on activity sign up sheets that appear throughout the year for special events like the Crab Feed, St. Joseph’s School Auction, Harvest Fest and others.
Your help is an answer to many prayers and is what makes this school the wonderful community of kids, parents, grandparents and our community of friends that it is. Do not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and jump in! New friends are waiting and by volunteering here at St. Joseph’s School, your help makes big miracles happen everyday!