Students for St. Joseph’s School may pre-register at any time during the year. Please contact the office for the appropriate forms. You will be notified of acceptance in May of the year your child will attend school.
Application for pre-registration of new students must be accompanied by a non-pre-registration deposit of $50.00 per student.
Any student pre-registering for St. Joseph’s School will be assigned one of these priorities, in accordance with the family’s qualifications. As openings occur, students from the highest priority will be given first opportunity. There are six priority categories, as follows:
- Children already enrolled in St. Joseph’s School (Preschool through Grade Four) re-registering for the forthcoming year.
- Families with siblings attending St. Joseph’s School.
- Catholic families from St. Joseph’s Church. In order to qualify as a Catholic family, the Catholic parents must be active, practicing, Catholics at St. Joseph’s Church.
- Families registered at adjoining Catholic Parishes.
- Families, both Catholic and non-Catholic, whose children previously attended St. Joseph’s School but left because the family moved to another area.
- Non-Catholic Families.
April 30 is the last day NEW applicants will be given priority status in pre-registration for the following school year. Beginning May 1, all new applicants for the forthcoming school year will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
Children must exhibit social, emotional, and physical readiness for Kindergarten by obtaining an acceptance score on the Scholastic Kindergarten or School Readiness Test, given in the spring of the year prior to admittance. Those students wishing to transfer into upper grades should be successfully enrolled in the same grade, or if entering in the fall, should have successfully completed the previous level of study. Admission is subject to review of student records and approval of acceptance by principal/teacher.
The implementation of this policy falls within the ambit of the Administrative jurisdiction of the school. The procedure, times, and dates for both pre-registration and re-registration will, therefore, be set by the Principal of St. Joseph’s School.
We are committed to making St. Joseph School a positive experience for families. In the event a family decides to leave during the school year, we require an exit interview with the school principal or other administrative personnel to determine the reason for the student’s departure.